Sunday, May 10, 2015

Blog Post # 12

Hi everyone!

This week's post is meant to be a reflection on my 20 Time project over the past year.  This post will actually help in the speech I have to give later this month that I mentioned in the last post.  I am basically just stating what I have learned in my experience doing this project.  Before I talk about what I have learned why don't I talk about how well I think this project went for me.

For the most part, I think the project went quite well.  I got a good piece of my novel written and I have a complete path for where I wanted it to go.  I've even thought about where I wanted to go beyond the novel (Sequels!!).  Are there things that I feel I have failed at?  Totally.  I definitely did not get far enough in my novel as I had wanted.  I procrastinated.  This really did set me back more than I had wanted.

This connects to what I have learned during this project.  I just need to work on simply not procrastinating.  It isn't a big issue for me when it comes to most school work, but I do tend to put things off when I know I have a lot of time.  I can justify procrastinating sometimes.  I feel it is important for me to leave time during my day to relax from the daily stresses of life like school.  This keeps my nerves down since I know that I wont have to worry about anything while I am enjoying my free time..  As the year went by I became more and more in homework.  Sometimes working on my project was the last thing on my mind.  But this project should be a part of my free time.

With the growing events that are shaping our world today, I feel that it is imperative that I continue to work on this book.  As I have written this book, I have learned  that it is very important that we work to achieve global peace.  I want this book to serve as a tool to help push this along.  It may seem strange that a book all out about war could be used to find peace, but to me this book is a representation of what could happen if we do not work together as a society.  The events in this book aren't even the worst case scenario a nuclear war would be far worse than one involving normal military forces.  Like I said, my experience in writing this book has really opened up in me the
significance of finding a way to promote world peace.

That's it for now.  See you all later !

Cameron



No comments:

Post a Comment